| Under Construction
This page is undergoing major editing and is not complete at the moment.
This page shows the history of Run 3. This includes the updates and the release of this game, including the Run Mobile. We only include the updates in Kongregate by Player 03, since he said that this was the site which always had the updated version.
May 23, 2014 Edit
- This game first gets released on Kongregate, but only with KongPlus.
June 5, 2014Edit
- The game gets publicly released.
Unknown Date Edit
- Bridge Building gets released
Unknown Date Edit
- Angel Missions gets released
April 29, 2016 Edit
- The Way Back mission started
Unknown Date Edit
- N-Tunnel gets released
November 15, 2016, 2:08 PM Edit
Have you ever wondered why the Runner is so obsessed with maps? If not, you’ll start wondering that after seeing this update. Enjoy! I’ll be taking some time off for Thanksgiving, so the next update will come out on December 5.
Unknown Date Edit
- The first half of Plan A released
December 6, 2016, 7:47 AM Edit
“A deus ex machina is when some new event, character, ability, or object solves a seemingly unsolvable problem in a sudden, unexpected way.”
This trope is often considered bad storytelling, especially if it comes completely out of nowhere. It’s just too convenient and anticlimactic. Audiences want to see the protagonists win, but they also want to see them earn their victory. On the other hand, the protagonists would much prefer the convenient and anticlimactic option. Unfortunately for them, they don’t get to vote, because “all problems are solved instantly” makes for a boring story. Anyway, that’s all. Thanks for reading!
Actually, there’s one more thing: I just released an update to Run 3. You should play it!
The first half of Plan C released
January 7, 2017, 11:29 PM Edit
Hi everyone. I’m back from break with a few minor and less-minor changes. Here are the less-minor ones:
- The Gentleman now has an electromagnet in his hat, not regular magnets. This means he can turn it on and off as necessary. However, it’s heavy, and he no longer jumps off of batteries. Let me know if this is an improvement!
- There’s a new cutscene browser in the menu, that will let you replay any cutscene you’ve unlocked.
- Errors will no longer fill the screen. Instead, you’ll get a notification at the top. Click that for some data that could help me fix the problem. Next update will be a single cutscene on the 16th.
- The Gentleman no longer gets attracted to power cells automatically
- Cutscene gallery added: There's an icon in the main menu that allows you to see any cutscene you've seen.
- An error will no longer be a pop-up but appear as a warning sign at the top of the screen. You can click that for more information.
May 4, 2017, 8:17 PM Edit
Summary of the last few updates:
- The second half of Plan A and the first half of Plan C are both out.
- It’s both harder and easier to hover outside the level. It’s harder because if you go too far, you can’t get back in. It’s easier because there’s less force pushing you away.
- The Gentleman can get closer to batteries without grabbing them. This matters because as soon as he grabs one, he can’t magnetize towards it.
- Click the question mark at the end of the list of characters, and it’ll pick a random character each time you load a level.
- You can now make multicolored levels in the level editor.
- When one of those text bubbles pops up at the bottom, you can know which character (if any) is speaking.
- Bug fixes.
- The second half of Plan A gets released
- The Gentleman can now get closer to power cells without grabbing them
- A Question mark gets added to the list of characters, when you click it, you choose a random character
- It is now possible to make multicolored levels in the level editor
- (Can someone please tell me what those text bubbles are?"
- Bug fixes
May 10, 2017, 9:14 AM Edit
Show of hands: who’s curious about what happened to Plan B? Well, the Duplicator may have cracked the code. No new levels this time, sorry. Next up is the rest of Plan C, and then back to the Student.
- Cutscene "ABCD" added to the end of Launch Site C.
September 7, 2017 Edit
- IM Levels 323-327 are released
September 19, 2017 Edit
- Level H-4 is released
January 21, 2018? Edit
Description of Follow the Gray Brick Road gets changed from "Beat Level M-4 in one jump" to "Use the Child to beat Level M-4 in one jump"
Achievement Hasty was made easier.
February 13, 2018 Edit
Achievements "Bunny Hop", "Gotta Go Slow", "Landlubber", "Stick the Landing" and "Too Lazy To Aim" get released.
May 7, 2018 Edit
Achievements "Electrophobia", "Buried Boxes Ahead", "I Hate Ups and Downs", "Spiral Staircase", "Annihilation", "Fastpass", "Across the Frozen Pond", and "Coursing Through" come out for Infinite Mode. You can now do achievements from Infinite Mode again and get 1/5 of the power cells of the original reward. The update also re-includes previously unused soundtracks.
May 9th, 2018 Edit
More achievements get released. These include "Not a Gymnast", "Three Spooky Jumps", "River Rapids", "There's No Right Way", "Angry Green Thing", "Straight to the End","Grinding the Tunnel (Into Dust)", "The Fast Lane", "Sleep-Skating", "A True Engineer", and "Leap of Faith".
Version notes Edit
|1.0?||The initial release of the game on Kongregate|