The Pastafarian is a priest of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. According to her, her main duty is to help others, which she does by suggesting ways they could improve themselves. She's been seen making suggestions to the Student and the Angel, apparently both without success.
The Pastafarian can only be unlocked by buying her in the shop for 6,000 power cells on the web or 25,000 in Run Mobile.
A "bridge" of bright squares appears when the Pastafarian is used, allowing her to run on what would otherwise be empty space. Running on the bridge speeds her up, but if she strays too far from the solid ground, the bridge disappears. If she stays close enough to solid tiles, the bridge (and the speed boost) will last indefinitely. Her normal speed is 9m/s, but on the bridge, she can go at 12m/s.
At first, there will be two tiles large around the solid ground. The bridge will go through 2 stages after this. On levels with a small tile size, there might be 3 stages, and vice versa for big tile sizes. Stepping on the bridge will not trigger a change in stage. Landing on the bridge or jumping from the bridge will trigger a change in stage. When the counter reaches zero, the bridge will disappear completely until you fail or beat the level.
Another use for the bridge is as a "backup plan," in case she misses a jump. However, landing on the bridge makes it disappear sooner than if she stepped onto it.
A glitch has been found so that when you run up a box, the game forgets that you are on the bridge, so you can jump on the bridge without penalty. This was first discovered by DerpFace2227.
The Pastafarian has one unlockable costume, a pirate costume.
When the pirate costume is equipped, the Pastafarian switches out her pasta strainer for a tricorne hat and carries a cutlass instead of her usual wooden spoon. She is officially known as the Pirate when wearing her pirate costume. While it looks cool, her light bridge is slightly weaker than that of the normal Pastafarian.
Saved by His Noodly Light - Jump into the endless abyss of space, only to have your descent arrested by the Flying Spaghetti Monster's holy light. To prove your trust in Him, do this 30 times in a single Infinite mode run.
Well Grounded - Finish part 2 of the Way Back without leaving the ground. His Noodliness commands it!
Topaz Bridge - After the first three tiles of part 2 of the Crystal Gallery (Level D-2), don't press any buttons.
Landlubber - As the Pirate, beat part 1 of the River without jumping.
Leap of Faith - As the Pastafarian, beat Plan A, part 3 with only one jump.
Character's rating Edit
Infinite Mode Trivia Edit
- The Pastafarian's philosophy: The Flying Spaghetti Monster created a flawed world. It's up to us to make it better.
- Back home, the Pastafarian led a small congregation. When she saw the first tunnel, she took it as a sign, and immediately left to explore space.
- The Flying Spaghetti Monster makes this bridge. It is NOT merely a 'feature of the tunnels'.
- The branching and twisting tunnels vaguely resemble the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Coincidence?
- Applying excessive pressure to the Flying Spaghetti Monster's bridge offends him. To show your devotion, refrain from jumping from it or onto it.
Other Trivia Edit
- On the Angel's list for going home, she is referred to as "The Meddler."
- The only reason that the Pastafarian went with the Angel on The Way Back was that she intended to teach him to be more thoughtful and polite. She had no real intention of going home.
- The Pastafarian's hobbies are cooking, reading and knife-throwing.