The Child is the son of the Duplicator. He is often seen with his father, but also enjoys sneaking around alone to spy on others. The Child is described as a "light-weight youngster" in the game. He is fond of the Bunny, but not the Lizard.
"Sometimes clever, sometimes immature. For example, he carries a balloon to make him float, but its filled with water so he can splash people. (There's no contradiction here, I don't know what you're talking about)"
-In game description
The Child's light weight, combined with his balloon, allow him to run on crumbling tiles without dislodging them. However, when he jumps, the sudden force is enough to knock them loose.
The child has average speed at 9m/s.
The Child floats down slowly, so if he can get enough height, he can jump a long ways. His jumps are not normally very high, but if he jumps multiple times in a row, he gets a little more height with each jump. This is because he is trying to imitate the Bunny.
The Child has one unlockable costume, a Halloween costume.
The Child's Halloween costume is unlocked by beating the Low-power Tunnel. Alternatively, it can be bought in the shop for [power cell amount.] The Child's costume is meant to be a ghost costume. When the Halloween costume is equipped, the Child wears a white sheet over nearly all of his body, except his feet, with one hole in it for his eye. His balloon is white as well. The character description for the costumed Child says, "He worked very hard on this costume. Pretend to be scared, ok?" revealing that he made it himself.
Infinite Mode Trivia Edit
- The Child's Philosophy: books are boring and stupid unless they have pictures, then they're fun!
- Jump lots of times in a row to be like the Bunny!
- The Child asked the Student why the gray squares sometimes fall but she went on and talked about Re Action Force and never answered his question.
- The candy tasted bad but it burned ok. The Child likes watching things burn.
- The Child says thank you to whoever left water bottles in all the boxes. He needed water to fill his balloons with.
- Sometimes he leaves his balloon behind and hides. The adults never notice because he's so clever.
- The Child loves jumping off of ramps and boxes and floating down.
Other Trivia Edit
- The Child doesn't like Angel much, as shown in the cutscenes featuring the Angel's group while they travel back to the Planet. He often asks his father if he can kick the Angel.
- On the Angel's list for going home, he is referred to as "The Sneak". It's mainly because he hides in several cutscenes like the Planet Stolen cutscene.
- It is shown that the Child has treats with him and gives one to the Bunny in Boat Ride. The treats probably came from boxes.